From: Mateen Durrani <email@example.com>
Date: 13 July 2014 12:15
Subject: 5th BPPA Executive Elections 2014
Dear Colleagues Assalam-o-alaikum
In line with our traditional democratic values, the BPPA executive is pleased to announce the schedule for our 5th Executive Elections 2014. Nominations are invited for the post of:
4. Social Secretary
The new elected executive committee will take over the responsibilities at our 14th AGM in 2015, Inshallah.
1. Nomination papers to be emailed to membership in the week beginning 21 July 2014.
2. Nomination papers and personal profile to be sent to election coordinator Dr Akmal Makhdum – Deadline 10 August 2014
3. Treasurer would display/circulate eligible voters by 15th August 2014
4. Successful nominees (those whose dues are cleared and are eligible for the post) would be displayed on BPPA website by 20th August 2014
5. Electoral ballot papers would be sent to eligible voters by 25 August 2014, 1st class unregistered post. No duplicates would be sent under all or any circumstances.
6. Duly and properly filled ballot papers must be received (regardless of any mitigating or otherwise delays) by election coordinator by 5th September 2014
7. Election results would be declared on the website on 10th September 2014
8. Formal declaration would be made at the 13th BPPA AGM on 13 September 2014
I am enclosing the current membership list for your information. Please ensure that your membership is up to date for you to be eligible to contest the election and/or vote. If there is any discrepancy in this list, please let me know ASAP. Membership can be renewed by visiting BPPA website either by PayPal or by internet transfer.
I will also appreciate if members can email me their current postal address, so we can update our records and ensure that you receive the ballot paper in time to exercise your democratic right and elect the new executive.
In the end, I will urge you all to remember that Associations are its member’s identity and BPPA has been your identity and platform since 2001. Please participate fully in the election process to elect your new executive and I will specially request the younger members to come forward and lead your association into 2015 and beyond. Please feel free to contact me on 07831 888 565, if you have any queries about the election process.
Dr Mateen Durrani